Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
Region 1 – Finger Lakes Regional Office
620 Westfall Rd.
Rochester, NY 14620
We have scheduled our June BTI in Rochester for June 10, 2019 and June 24-27th, 2019.
We have two pre-requisites this time around before your registration will be approved for this series:
1) You will need to complete the online Introduction to Self Direction module. To do so you will need to register to sign up for classes with SLMS and complete the following online class:
2) You will need to attend a Self Direction Family Information Session. Our schedule of upcoming sessions is attached.
All classes are posted in OPWDD’s SLMS (Statewide Learning Management System) and that is where registrations will be taken.
Here is the schedule with the naming convention of each class:
- Into & Advanced Person-Centered Planning- Monday, June 10, 9:30am-3:30pm (FL-PCP-B-20190610)
- Broker Training Institute (BTI-2 days)- Monday and Tuesday, June 24-25- 9am-4:30 pm (FL-BTI-2day-20190624)
- Self-Advocacy/Self-Determination- Wednesday, June 26, 9am-12:00pm (FL-SA-SD-20190626)
- Budget Template- Wednesday, June 26, 1:00pm-4:00pm or Thursday, June 27, 9am-12pm (FL-SDBT-20190626 or FL-SDBT-20190627 )
Each class will be limited to 20 participants so that the maximum benefit is gained from taking the class.
Budget Template will be limited to 10 participants and everyone must bring their laptop computer in order to do hands on work on budgets.
All of these classes will be held at 620 Westfall Road Rochester, NY 14620. The classes will be held in room 25Leaf and 10 fish. There is no cost for these trainings.
Lastly, here is the website for first-time/external users to create an SLMS account.
If anyone has trouble creating an account/finding the classes, you can call Training and Development at 518-473-1190.
Self-Direction Family Information Sessions
Families/Individuals are welcome to attend any session that is convenient for them. Families are only required to attend one session even if there are multiple people in the family to be represented and are required to attend prior to initial budget launch.
(All sessions are subject to change)
|Monday 5/6/19||3-5pm||People Inc. 1860 Buffalo Road Rochester, NY 14624||Jenni Shaw (585) 719-3439 email@example.com|
|Thursday 5/9/2019||4-6 pm||Elmira Office 163 Sullivan Street Building #5 Elmira, NY 14901||Kathy Bucciarelli (607) 734-6135 ext. 42 Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wednesday 5/29/19||3-5pm||Ontario ARC 3071 County Complex Drive Canandaigua, 14424||Lynn White Sohn (585) 919-2125 email@example.com|
|Tuesday 6/4/19||5–7 pm||Happiness House 5415 County Rd. 30 Canandaigua 14424||Lynn Barnett (585) 394-9510 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Thursday 6/13/2019||4-6 pm||Elmira Office 163 Sullivan Street Building #5 Elmira, NY 14901||Kathy Bucciarelli (607) 734-6135 ext. 42 Kathleen.email@example.com|
|Thursday 6/20/19||5-7pm||Heritage Christian Services 275 Kenneth Drive Suite 100 Rochester, NY 14623||Megan Storm (585) 643-1587 firstname.lastname@example.org|